Monday, June 14, 2010
Hi, yes, I'd like a number 8...around. BAZINGA!
The description's after the break, no?
Full Time Mascot Performer - Adirondack Phantoms (Glens Falls, NY)Organization: Adirondack Phantoms (AHL Affiliate of Philadelphia Flyers)
Title: Director of Fun and Community Development
Posted: May 21, 2010
Apply by: June 30, 2010
The Adirondack Phantoms of the American Hockey League are searching for an enthusiastic, organized and motivated individual to provide top quality fun and entertainment as the team’s mascot. This is a permanent, full time position. Of particular enjoyment, the successful candidate will work along-side team executives and the original “Phillie Phanatic” to assist in the creation and transition into a newly designed and created lovable character to replace the existing mascot. The successful candidate should have one or more of the following attributes:
• Lettered in a High School Sport
• Have Dance, Gymnastic or Acting Experience and/or Training
• Have Costume Performance Experience
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but Not Limited to):
• Perform and Entertain at all Home Games, Team Events and Community Appearances, and Various Other Games or Events
• Responsible for mascot costume operations including creativity, care, cleaning, maintenance, etc.
• Manage Teams’ Calendar and Scheduling of Community Appearances
• Create Monthly Reports of Teams’ Community Appearances
• Maintain Mascot’s Social Networking Sites
• Responsible for Maximizing the Quantity and Quality of Team Appearances
• Responsible for Hiring, Training and Managing of the Back-Up Mascots and Handlers
• Athletic and Physically Fit (able to lift approximately 50 lbs.)
• Must be Available to Work Flexible Hours Including all Home Games, Some Nights, and Some Weekends
• Must be able to Work in a Costume
• Must be Courteous, Friendly, Energetic, Reliable, and Punctual
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher etc.)
• Must be able to Communicate Nonverbally and Create Spontaneous Crowd Interaction
• Must have a Great Sense of Humor and Love Working with People
• Must have Reliable Transportation as well as a Valid Driver’s License
• Excellent Skills in Interacting with Others
• Must be a Great Dancer
Annual Salary plus bonus plan and benefits.
If you are selected to interview further, you will be contacted to come in for a face to face interview and audition at a date to be determined. The original “Phillie Phanatic” will be coming in to conduct day-long auditions.
A rigorous background check and drug testing will be required.
• The Adirondack Phantoms are located in the Capital District of Upstate New York and play their home games in the Glens Falls Civic Center in Downtown Glens Falls, NY.
• Glens Falls is about 1 hour North of Albany, NY; about 3 hours from New York City; and about 22 hours from Topeka, Kansas.
• Cost of Living Comparison of Glens Falls, NY to:
o New York City: 50%
o Philadelphia: 13%
o Pittsburgh: 20%
o Washington, DC: 20%
• The Phantoms will provide assistance in finding very affordable and comfortable housing options for a relocating individual.
START DATE: JULY 2010
Registration is a 2-Step Process:
Step 1: To apply for this job, please fill out the application below completely including uploading your resume.
Step 2: After completing Step 1, you will receive further instructions on how to complete your application for this position. You will not be considered unless you have completed both Step 1 and Step 2.
Please make sure that your SPAM filter allows emails from TeamWork Online addresses.
Seriously, you have to dry-clean your own furry? What the hell is that about? Oh wait; the "Phlex" Phantom isn't a furry, he's more akin to a gay lovechild of Youppi and Magneto, you know, if that was at all possible. (Magnus you scoundrel!)
But act fast! You've only got 'til June 30th to make your dreams come true!