Friday, June 19, 2009
- First off, who in their right mind thought throwing Alan Thicke's boy and Chaka Khan on stage would be a good way to open off this gala event? Like hey dipshits, this is hockey. How bout you just turn on Jock Rock Vol. 4 and be done with it? Boom, saved you a couple million in unnecessary costs and the Phoenix Coyotes all in one fell swoop. You're welcome.
- And another thing, what were the escort costs for all those hookers in the room? I'm pretty sure these are hockey players; if Cale Hulse (who? Exactly) can score Gina Lee Nolan, then what was with all the mail order brides?
- OMG Super Superlatives!
- Anyone else think Richard Zednik got shafted? I mean, Steve Sullivan made a helluva comeback, but Jesus Christ, Zeds almost lost his life on the ice! At least we know his wife is smokin'.
- It's not that I thought Green deserved to win, it's that those are some sexy numbers he put up. I actually thought Chara deserved it, not so much for his season, but for his whole career under the shadow of Lidstrom's dominance.
- Ethan Moreau is apparently a good guy, good for him. Also, any appearance by Pat LaFontaine is a good appearance.
- I now know some hilarious stories after meeting Puck Daddy last night, can't share them in a public forum like this, but I'll tell you what, what a riot. Consider yourself teased.