Saturday, January 24, 2009
- Who is Michelle LaCroix (sp?) and why the hell was she butchering AC DC before the start? I've never heard such a shitaeous rendition of AC DC in my life (and I've seen a lot of cover bands).
- Organ guy = creepy guy.
- Since when is Jay Bouwmeester a fast skater?
- Not really impressed with the shots in breakaway challenge. It bordered more on totally lame than totally sweet. Some of the things were awesome, St. Louis', Getzlafs'.
- Who let Steven Stamkos into Montreal, let alone participate in the challenge?
- Ovechkin, you let me down. Albeit hilarious. Kinda. OK, it was kinda patronizing. But atleast he's making a show of it.
- Atleast now Pens fans won't be all like OMG Malkin and Ovechkin hate each other, see, Malkin gave him his hat, it's just how he plays!
- Pat LaFontaine = class act all the way.
- Carey Price = 9 goals? Hilarious. Love seeing a Bruin get the MVP of that lil game of shinny in Montreal.
- Can't say the Freshman really had more talent, they had Pekke Rinne.
- I could do better than Matt Iseman at his job.
- I didn't vote for the "Scotiabank Breakaway Challenge" winner, but apparently the 2 stick epic fail worked for the folks in the Bell Centre.
- Savvy's a passer...Savvy's a passer.
- They need to move these guys back 5 feet, 2 4 for 4's so far. Heater and Shrek.
- Malkin's ugly, but he's damn good at hockey.
- Good Lord, Malkin. "He come to me before challenge. He said help me, I want win. And he win"
- Souray vs. Chara: Who wins? I gotta go with Chara.
- Mark Streit looks high. That's funny.
- DAMN! Shea Weber 103.4! That's impressive as hell. Souray with 102.3, close no cigar. Chara....105.4!!!! Jesus Christ!
- Chara's a big softie, yeah, we're all that surprised about it.
- I'm rooting for Parise here annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd he's out. Dammit.
- Shea Weber = robbed by Chara, robbed by Backstrom.
- Wow, if Backstrom would've got hurt diving back after Neidermeyer's shot, how pissed would Lemaire have been?
- I love it, 3 Dmen in a row beat King and Backstrom.
- Vanek = PWND
- Streit hit the sign, man that's too funny.
- The sound of that ting on Bouwmeester's roofer was awesome.
- Getzlaf made Thomas look like an asshole and it was fantastic.
- But Tim Thomas fell in his own crease! BWAHAHAHAHA.
- Think it's thrown so Kovalev makes it to the finals?
- Doaner, Niedermeyer, Souray, Chara, Savvy, Marleau, Vanek, Hejduk, Bouwmeester, Modano, Getzlaf, and Kovalev move on.
- Chara's made the coolest move of the night! But doesn't score.
- HAHAHA Savvy talks while on his way down, loses it, then scores. And bad mouths his coach!
- Hejduk just posterized Thomas, this is fun.
- I think the Elimination is the best part of the night so far.
- Only 6 left: Savvy, Niedermeyer, Getzlaf, Marleau, Doaner, and Hejduk.
- I like Savvy, seems like a real nice guy.
- Hejduk pulls the vaunted Iceland Triple Deke, nails it.
- Savvy, Doaner, and Hejduk.
- No one scores, gotta go again! Now this is real fun.
- Let's go again! The suspense is killin me!
- Tim Thomas puts his glove 5 hole on Savard after he goes 5 hole multiple times, that's too funny.
- Finals: Doaner and Savvy. Two guys who's nicknames I like.
- Doaner gets the W! Now that seems like a real down to earth dude.
As expected, Cogliano is the fastest skater. Ovechkin the "trick shot" winner. Frosh's better than the sophomores. Malkin has skills. Chara is a beast. and Doaner is straight cash money.
I'm thinkin a potential live chat for the game tomorrow? Anyone else?
Labels: NHL SuperSkills Competition